- February 11-18: the Semana de Arte Moderna (Week of Modern Art) in Sao Paulo. [Cover of catalog from the art exhibition from the Semana de Arte Moderna pictured to the right]
- July: VL meets Artur Rubinstein again in Rio de Janeiro.
- Following a debate in the Chamber of Deputies, on July 22, 1922 a sum of 40,000 cruzeiros was voted to enable Villa-Lobos to present concerts of his music."
- Back in Sao Paulo, Villa-Lobos presented four concerts of his works, on November 11, and December 4, 9, and 15. See this post at Tumbling Villa-Lobos.
- Neils Bohr wins his first Nobel Prize.
- Henri Bergson writes Duration and Simultaneity.
- Ulysses, by James Joyce, is published in Paris.
- Birth of Jean-Pierre Rampal, Patrick Macnee, Jack Kerouac, Lukas Foss, Yma Sumac.
- Death of Arthur Nikisch.
Here is a reproduction of the programme for the 2nd day of the Semana de Arte, in Sao Paulo's Theatro Municipal, on February 15,1922:
back to 1921 - Timeline Index - forward to 1923