- Villa-Lobos in Paris [pictured to the right: a portrait by the Paris photography studio Harcourt, from Europeana, the digital library of the European community. © Ministère de la Culture - Médiathèque du Patrimoine, Dist. RMN - Studio Harcourt]
- Yerma, opera (Associated)
- Big Ben for voice & piano
- Emperor Jones, ballet (Max Eschig). Based on the play by Eugene O'Neill. Written for, and dedicated to the Empire Music Festival, Ellenville, NY, where it received its first performance (choreography and dancing Jose Limon and Company, with the Symphony of the Air conducted by the composer) on July 12, 1956. See this article from Time Magazine, 1959.
- Symphony #12 (Associated)
back to 1955 - Timeline Index - forward to 1957